User Terms of Service
Last updated: Feb 6, 2019
OMW Mobile Security, Inc. (“OnMyWay,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides its services (described below) to you through its websites located at https://www.onmyway.com (the “Site”) and through its mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, the “Terms of Service”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the Services user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than fourteen (14) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, AND OBLIGATIONS. THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE REQUIRES (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) THAT YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION, AND FURTHER (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST ONMYWAY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
Access and Use of the Service
- Services Description: The Service is designed to allow you to earn cash for driving without using your phone and receiving that cash through a Cash payment process when you shop at any or all of our listed advertisers.
- Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify OnMyWay of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. OnMyWay will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
- Modifications to Service: OnMyWay reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that OnMyWay will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- General Practices Regarding Use and Storage: You acknowledge that OnMyWay may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on OnMyWay’s servers on your behalf. You agree that OnMyWay has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Service. You acknowledge that OnMyWayreserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that OnMyWay reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Mobile Services: The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding OnMyWay and other entities by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your OnMyWay account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number.
- If you use the Application, your use of the Application will signify that you agree to be bound by these Terms. Use of the Application requires a mobile device and wireless mobile data service, which must be obtained from your wireless carrier, and may require Internet access, which must be obtained from your Internet service provider (each a "Service Provider"); you are responsible for obtaining and paying for such additional services and obtaining a suitable device, including without limitation all usage charges related thereto. You may be required to send and receive, at your cost, electronic communications related to the Application, including without limitation, administrative messages, service announcements, diagnostic data reports, and Application Updates (as defined below), from OnMyWay or a Service Provider. If you do not have an unlimited wireless mobile data plan, you may incur additional charges from your wireless service provider in connection with your use of the Application. You are solely responsible for obtaining any additional subscription or connectivity services or equipment necessary to access the Application, including but not limited to payment of all third party fees associated therewith. The Application may not work with all devices or all mobile carriers. OnMyWay makes no representations that the Application will be compatible with or provided by all mobile carriers.
- Unless expressly stated, these Terms do not modify any other terms set forth in any application marketplace, including, but not limited to, the Apple App Store Terms and Conditions and Google Play Terms of Service or as otherwise required by any application marketplace provider ("Application Marketplace Provider"). You and OnMyWay acknowledge that these Terms are entered into between you, the end-user, and OnMyWay, and not between you and any Application Marketplace Provider. You further acknowledge that OnMyWay is solely responsible for the Application. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Application Marketplace Providers and their subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this agreement, and that they have the right (and are deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this agreement.
- Exchanging Cash Balance: You become eligible to exchange Cash balance for an equal amount of money once your Cash balance is equal to or greater than the minimum distribution amount posted here on the date you request a distribution. Note that your Cash balance must be at least equal to the Minimum Distribution Amount each time before you are able to request an exchange and distribution. You may also accumulate Cash in an amount greater than the Minimum Distribution Amount which will be held in your Cash balance.
If you are eligible and make a purchase to redeem your Cash (“Distribution Request”), you will receive your Cash payment reward via an approved third party electronic payment method, Dwolla, Inc., or you can leave your Cash balance to continue accumulating. If you do not make a purchase at a listed advertiser, we are under no obligation to send you a Cash reward. You are responsible for redeeming Cash. There is no automatic redemption or periodic distribution of Cash rewards. Cash balances have no value prior to being accumulated in full (reaching the Minimum Distribution Amount) and redeemed pursuant to a valid Distribution Request made in accordance with these Terms. No interest is paid on Cash balances. Members have no property rights or other legal interest in the Cash for any purpose. Your Cash balance or any part of it is not transferable, cannot be divided as part of a settlement, legal proceeding or death, and cannot be combined with Cash of any other user of the Services.
- Payment: You expressly authorize OnMyWay’s service provider, Dwolla, Inc. to originate credit transfers to your financial institution account. When you make a purchase at a registered OnMyWay advertiser, you must elect within the mobile application to receive your Cash reward via Dwolla, Inc. We have no responsibility and assume no liability for any loss or delay of any Cash reward once we instruct Dwolla, Inc. to deposit the amount of your Cash reward in your account.
- Qualifying Transactions: OnMyWay needs to protect the program for all users by ensuring that points are earned for legitimate consumer transactions. OnMyWay users are permitted to earn money with OnMyWay in connection with spending activity for non-commercial, personal and household purposes (“Qualifying Transactions”). OnMyWay users are not permitted to earn money with OnMyWay for commercial purposes (e.g. in connection with a business). OnMyWay maintains the right to review the accrual of money and to determine, in OnMyWay’s absolute discretion, if certain transactions qualify for OnMyWay Offers. Certain spending including, but not limited to, repeat purchases, high-value purchases, purchases of gift cards, and purchases made for commercial, non-personal or non-household purposes, may not, at OnMyWay’s absolute discretion, be considered Qualifying Transactions and may be ineligible for OnMyWay rewards. OnMyWay may reverse point accruals that have already been processed if a transaction is deemed by OnMyWay, upon review, to not constitute a Qualifying Transaction. OnMyWay may also disable accounts that engage in repeated non-Qualifying Transaction activity.
- Violation of Terms: If we determine in our sole discretion that you have violated the Terms, we may in our sole discretion and as permitted by law, terminate your account and any pending, current, or future Cash Credits and OnMyWay Credits balance you may have immediately expires. We will notify you of such termination at the email address associated with your account, and such termination shall be effective immediately.
- Responsibility for Taxes: You agree that you are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or provincial withholding, taxes, and government fees or costs associated with CashRewards and any exchanges and distributions.
- Inactive Account Management Charge: If at any time your account becomes inactive for longer than six months, we may apply an inactive account management charge of $5 worth of Cash per month. Your account will be considered "inactive" if there has been no Cash earned or redeemed. We may apply that charge on the first day of the month following the date your account becomes inactive. (For example, if your account becomes inactive on April 15th, we may apply the charge on May 1st.) If you claim a OnMyWay Offer after your account becomes inactive, we will stop applying that charge until any later time when your account becomes inactive. We will give you at least thirty (30) days’ notice prior to your account becoming inactive by email to the address associated with your account.
Conditions of Use
- User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “upload”) or email or otherwise use via the Service. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by OnMyWay. OnMyWay reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in OnMyWay’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities. You agree to not use the Service to:
- email or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (vi) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or (vii) in the sole judgment of OnMyWay, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose OnMyWay or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
- Special Notice for International Use; Export Controls: Software (defined below) available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
- Commercial Use: The Service is for your personal use. Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Service Content, Software and Trademarks: You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain content or features (“Service Content”) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by OnMyWay, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload to the Service. In connection with your use of the Service you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. If you are blocked by OnMyWay from accessing the Service (including by blocking your IP address), you agree not to implement any measures to circumvent such blocking (e.g., by masking your IP address or using a proxy IP address). Any use of the Service or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith are the property of OnMyWay, our affiliates and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by OnMyWay.
The OnMyWay name and logos are trademarks and service marks of OnMyWay (collectively the “OnMyWay Trademarks”). Other OnMyWay, product, and service names and logos used and displayed via the Service may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to OnMyWay. Nothing in this Terms of Service or the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of OnMyWay Trademarks displayed on the Service, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of OnMyWay Trademarks will inure to our exclusive benefit.
- Third Party Material: Under no circumstances will OnMyWay be liable in any way for any content or materials of any third parties (including users), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. You acknowledge that OnMyWay does not pre-screen content, but that OnMyWay and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, OnMyWay and its designees will have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms of Service or is deemed by OnMyWay, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
- User Content Transmitted Through the Service: : With respect to the content or other materials you upload through the Service or share with other users or recipients (collectively, “User Content”), you represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein. By uploading any User Content you hereby grant and will grant OnMyWay and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the operation of the Service in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to OnMyWay are non-confidential and OnMyWay will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree that OnMyWay may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of OnMyWay, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Third Party Websites
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. OnMyWay has no control over such sites and resources and OnMyWay is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that OnMyWay will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that OnMyWay is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ONMYWAY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
ONMYWAY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ONMYWAY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ONMYWAY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL ONMYWAY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID ONMYWAY IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU OR BE ENFORCEABLE WITH RESPECT TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE A USER FROM NEW JERSEY, THE FOREGOING SECTIONS TITLED “DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES” AND “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” ARE INTENDED TO BE ONLY AS BROAD AS IS PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. IF ANY PORTION OF THESE SECTIONS IS HELD TO BE INVALID UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, THE INVALIDITY OF SUCH PORTION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE APPLICABLE SECTIONS.
You agree that OnMyWay, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if OnMyWay believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. OnMyWay may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that OnMyWay may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that OnMyWay will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Service and OnMyWay will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. OnMyWay reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Service.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and OnMyWay and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and OnMyWay with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third party services, third party content or third party software. These Terms of Service will be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and OnMyWay agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within Washington, DC. The failure of OnMyWay to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign this Terms of Service without the prior written consent of OnMyWay, but OnMyWay may assign or transfer this Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Service.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions?
Please contact us at [email protected] to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding this Terms of Service or the Service.